Here at San Diego Surf School, we look forward to summer all year. Here are the Top 9 things to do in San Diego this summer (other than surf lessons), put together by our very own San Diego Surf School Team:
1) Comic-Con: The one event that cannot be missed in San Diego. Comic-con is a nonprofit educational corporation dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular art-forms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture. We are one month out from one of the biggest weekends of the season, so be sure to get your tickets soon and get ready for the 47th year of this not to be missed convention.
2) All Star Week: Get ready for 2016 All Star Game! The San Diego Padres and the City of San Diego are hosting the 87th MLB All–Star Week at Petco Park July 10-12, 2016. This is the third time the San Diego Padres have hosted. Some of the events include:All-Star Sunday Celebrity Softball Game – Sunday, July 10, 2016Homerun Derby – Monday, July 11, 20162016 All-Star Game – Tuesday, July 12, 2016Fireworks!
3) Del Mar racetrack: an event that can’t be beaten, you can bet on them to be one for the books. The racing season starts off on July 15th and runs until September 5th. Grab your lucky horseshoe and hit the tracks!
4) San Diego Beer Fest: Craft beer, food trucks and music a perfect trifecta for a perfect summer day. Hit up the San Diego Beer Festival on July 23rd and drink up the festivities!
5) North PB Sip ‘N Stroll: Looking for a fun and FREE way to spend a summer day? Head out to Pacific Beach for their annual Sip and Stroll. It’s an all-day event on July 24th and is a can’t miss community event.
6) Kaaboo: End your summer with a concert festival sure to seem like music to your ears. Enjoy a lineup including artists such as Aerosmith, OneRepublic, Jack Johnson and Jimmy Buffett. Mark off September 16th through the 18th and get your passes today!
7) Sea world San Diego: Didn’t make it to San Diego for the Fourth of July? You can still get your fix of fireworks all through the summer at this famous theme park! Enjoy the light show as well as a performance series also hitting the park this summer!
8) Surf Museum: After hitting the waves all day brush up on your surf history at the surf museum. It’s free on the first Tuesday of every month and a fun way to spend a day!
9) Balboa Park: Keep those long summer days going and visit Balboa Park for their Twilight in the Park summer events. They have Food Truck Friday, dancing lessons, an ice cream social and concerts every week!
Don’t forget, whether you are beginner or advanced, there is always a lesson at San Diego Surf School that is just right for you!